Hotham Park, (also known as Berstead Lodge and Aldwick Manor), Bognor Regis, England
Record Id: 5318
Site is open to the public. Opening may be limited, please check Visitor Information for any restrictions.
Brief description of site
This is a municipal park in the town centre of Bognor Regis. It has been recently restored.
Brief history of site
Hotham Park was built by Sir Richard Hotham, founder of Bognor extended village. In 1947, the estate was bought by Arun District Council as a amenity park for the people of Bognor.
Address: High Street/London Rd, , PO21 1HS
Locality: Bognor Regis
West Sussex; Arun; Bognor Regis
Historical County: Sussex
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||197||Grid Ref:||SZ939995|
Opening contact details:
This is a municipal site for general public use. Please see:
Form of site: public park
Purpose of site: urban park
Context or principal building: parks, gardens and urban spaces
Site first created: 1786 to 1947
Main period of development: Mid 20th century