Legh Manor, (also known as Little Ease and Leigh Manor), Ansty, England
Record Id: 5266
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
The gardens were laid out after 1917, when Sir William and Lady Chance bought Legh Manor. Gertrude Jekyll prepared some plans for the garden in 1918, and may have been involved further as the garden developed.
Brief history of site
The manor was built between 1540 and 1550, and restored in the early-20th-century after being used as a farmhouse for 200 years.
Address: Bishopstone Lane, Ansty, RH17 5AJ
West Sussex; Mid Sussex; Cuckfield
Historical County: Sussex
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||198||Grid Ref:||TQ286223|
Form of site: garden
Purpose of site: ornamental garden
Context or principal building: manor house
Site first created: 1540 to 1550
Main period of development: Early 20th century
Survival: Part: standing remains