Albert Park, Middlesbrough, Middlesbrough, England
Record Id: 52
Site is open to the public. Opening may be limited, please check Visitor Information for any restrictions.
Brief description of site
Albert Park is a public park which has recently undergone a programme of restoration. Features include a boating lake, bowling green and bandstand. The site occupies about 29 hectares.
Brief history of site
Henry Bolckow donated the park to the people of Middlesbrough in 1868.
Address: Linthorpe Road, Middlesbrough, Cleveland, TS1 3LB
Historical County: North Riding of Yorkshire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||93||Grid Ref:||NZ499192|
1.5 kilometres south of the centre of Middlesbrough. Please see:
Opening contact details:
Form of site: public park
Purpose of site: urban park
Context or principal building: parks, gardens and urban spaces
Site first created: 1864 to 1868
Main period of development: Late 19th century
Site Size (Hectares): 29