Garnstone, Weobley, Herefordshire, England
Record Id: 5096
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
The house at Garnstone was built from 1806 and demolished in 1958. The park remains, including extensive tree-plantings.
Brief history of site
The house was built from 1806 for Samuel Peploe to the design of John Nash. A formal garden was added by W.A. and A.M. Nesfield in the later 19th century. The house was demolished in 1958.
Locality: Weobley, Herefordshire
Herefordshire, County of; Weobley
Historical County: Herefordshire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||149||Grid Ref:||SO403504|
One mile south of Weobley via the B4230.
Form of site: landscape park
Context or principal building: house
Site first created: 1806
Main period of development: Early 19th century
Survival: Part: ground/below ground level remains