Iver Grove, Slough, England
Record Id: 4843
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
The parkland at Iver Grove has now been taken into agricultural use, but there still remain elements of an 18th-century walled garden.
Brief history of site
The house was built between 1722 and 1724. In 1802, the owner was Lord Gambier and his gardener experimented with propagation of giant pansy varieties. The property later fell into disrepair and was purchased by the Ministry of Works in 1957.
Address: Wood Lane, Iver, SL0 0LB
Buckinghamshire; South Bucks; Iver
Historical County: Buckinghamshire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||176||Grid Ref:||TQ 024 811|
Form of site: landscape park
Purpose of site: Agriculture and subsistence
Context or principal building: mansion house
Site Style : Baroque
Site first created: 1722 to 1724
Main period of development: 18th century
Survival: Part: standing remains
Site Size (Hectares): 6.8