Fulmer Place, Slough, England
Record Id: 4836
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
The 18th-century landscape park at Fulmer Place is much damaged by farm buildings and motorways. There are a series of fishponds behind the house which have been bisected by the M40.
Brief history of site
Fulmer Place was built in approximately 1742 on the site of an older manor house. It was remodelled in 1800. The landscape was developed through the 18th and 19th centuries.
Address: Fulmer Place Farm, Fulmer Road, Fulmer, SL3 6HN
Buckinghamshire; South Bucks; Fulmer
Historical County: Buckinghamshire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||172||Grid Ref:||TQ 001 859|
Form of site: landscape park
Purpose of site: Agriculture and subsistence
Context or principal building: mansion house
Site first created: 1742 to 1800
Main period of development: 18th century
Survival: Part: ground/below ground level remains