Guild Hall Garden, Henley-in-Arden, England
Record Id: 4728
Site is open to the public. Opening may be limited, please check Visitor Information for any restrictions.
Brief description of site
The Guild Hall has a formal garden, with four areas of lawn around a central sundial, and flower borders on two sides.
Brief history of site
The present garden was created in 1915 at the behest of William John Fieldhouse, Lord of the Manor of Henley-in-Arden.
Address: 139 High Street, Henley-in-Arden, B95 5AU
Warwickshire; Stratford-on-Avon; Henley-in-Arden; Henley
Historical County: Warwickshire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||151||Grid Ref:||SP15136603|
South on A3400 from M42 or north on A3400 from Stratford-upon-Avon. The entrance is in an alley way between the Arden Tandoori Restaurant and the Guild Hall, which is in the centre of the town immediately north of the parish church of St John .
Opening contact details:
10am to 4pm each day of the year, other than Christmas Day.
Form of site: formal
Purpose of site: Ornamental
Context or principal building: heritage site
Plant type/environment: walled garden
Site Style : medieval-style garden
Site first created: 1915
Main period of development: 20th century
Site Size (Hectares): 0.09