Glorat House, Lennoxtown, Scotland
Record Id: 4472
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
Glorat House lies in a block of ornamental woodland in the centre of a traditionally managed estate. There are well-maintained gardens including lawns, ponds and a walled garden with ornamental and productive planting. The estate has been held by the same family for the last 500 years.
Brief history of site
The Stirling family have owned the Glorat estate since the early-16th century. The oldest part of the current house was built in about 1625. The estate landscape was developed by the mid-19th century, including gardens with lawns and a walled garden, lodges and other estate buildings, two drives and extensive tree planting.
Address: Glorat House, Milton of Campsie, Glasgow, G66 8EL
Historical County: Stirlingshire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||64||Grid Ref:||NS641778|
Form of site: country estate
Purpose of site: Ornamental
Context or principal building: house
Main period of development: Mid 19th century
Site Size (Hectares): 60