Sandridge, Paignton, England
Record Id: 4376
Sandridge is a country house in landscaped grounds, hidden away above the east bank of the river Dart. It was built in 1805 by John Nash for the widowed Lady Ashburton, near the site of Captain John Davis' house of the 16th century. It is an excellent example of his informal villa rustica style, and is stuccoed, with deep eaves. The rounded bay at one end carried up as a tower, with three oeil-de-beouf top windows, is very reminiscent of his slightly earlier Cronkhill in Shropshire.
People associated with this site
Architect: John Nash (born 1752 died 1835)