Abbey Park, Alberbury, Alberbury, Shropshire, England
Record Id: 4365
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
In the 16th century, a strip of land on the bank of the Severn near White Abbey was known as Abbey Park. The park has now been lost.
Brief history of site
In about 1226 a strip of woodland on the bank of the Severn and just west of White Abbey was granted to Alberbury Priory. In the 16th century the site was known as Abbey Park.
Locality: Alberbury, Shropshire
Historical County: Shropshire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||126||Grid Ref:||SJ376157|
Form of site: deer park
Purpose of site: Agriculture and subsistence
Site first created: 1500 to 1599
Main period of development: 16th century