Adlestrop Park, Moreton-in-Marsh, England
Record Id: 43
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
Adlestrop Park is a landscape park of around 40 hectares, laid out in the 18th and early 19th centuries. This work was in conjunction with improvements to the grounds of Adlestrop Rectory (now Adlestrop House, see separate record).
Brief history of site
Sanderson Miller worked on the landscape in the mid-18th century, followed by Humphry Repton.
Address: Adlestrop, GL56 0YN
Gloucestershire; Cotswold; Adlestrop
Historical County: Gloucestershire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||163||Grid Ref:||SP242269|
Form of site: landscape park
Purpose of site: Ornamental
Context or principal building: house
Site first created: 1799 to 1812
Main period of development: Late 18th century
Site Size (Hectares): 40