Wallington, Kitchen Garden, Morpeth, England
Record Id: 4274
Site is open to the public. Opening may be limited, please check Visitor Information for any restrictions.
Part/component area of: Wallington
Brief description of site
The Kitchen Garden was located north-east of Wallington Hall within East Wood. It has partially survived and is now known as the Walled Garden. The original extent of the garden was much larger. The Garden pond and Portico House were both enclosed within the original garden.
Brief history of site
The Kitchen Garden was created in the mid-18th century. Lancelot Brown may be responsible for a re-design in the 1760s.
Address: Cambo, Morpeth, Northumberland, NE61 4AR
Historical County: Northumberland
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||81||Grid Ref:||NZ033842|
The site is off the A1 between Newcastle and Morpeth. Please see:
Opening contact details:
The grounds are open daily throughout the year. Please see:
Form of site: kitchen garden
Purpose of site: ornamental garden
Site first created: 1734 to 1767
Main period of development: Mid 18th century
Survival: Part: standing remains