Pirton Park, Worcester, England
Record Id: 4226
Site is open to the public. Opening may be limited, please check Visitor Information for any restrictions.
Part/component area of: Croome Court
Brief description of site
Pirton Park was previously part of the Croome Court estate. The fallow deer park was landscaped by Capability Brown whilst he worked on Croome. Features include cedars and limes planted in the mid-18th century.
Brief history of site
The park may have been created in the 17th century, and was apparently well established when valued in 1687. The deer park was landscaped by Lancelot Brown in the 1760s, effectively as a satellite of what had become the main park at Croome.
Address: Worcester Road, Pirton, WR8 9EE
Worcestershire; Wychavon; Pirton
Historical County: Worcestershire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||150||Grid Ref:||SO879465|
Nine miles south of Worcester via the A38 and the B4084.
Opening contact details:
Opening times vary seasonally. Please see the website for details.
Form of site: deer park
Purpose of site: Agriculture and subsistence
Context or principal building: house
Site first created: 1760 to 1769
Main period of development: Mid 18th century
Survival: Part: standing remains
Site Size (Hectares): 92