Kingscote Park, Nr Tetbury, England
Record Id: 4211
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
The Manor of Kingscote has been in the ownership of the Kingscote family for over 800 years since the 12th century. The manor house was demolished in 1951 and the park lands were sold to Kingscote Grange.
The original walled kitchen garden is now a small housing estate. The original stable block (built 1862) still exists.
Brief history of site
The Manor of Kingscote was given by William 1 to Roger de Berkeley. In the 12th century he gave it to Nigel FitzArthur, and it remained in that family for over 800 years
Address: Kingscote, GL8 8YA
Locality: Nr Tetbury
Gloucestershire; Cotswold; Kingscote
Historical County: Gloucestershire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||162||Grid Ref:||ST819963|
From Tetbury take the A4135 towards Dursley. After crossing the A46 Kingscote lies on the Right Hand side after 1.5 miles.
Form of site: park
Purpose of site: Ornamental
Context or principal building: commercial
Survival: Part: standing remains