Addington Palace, (also known as Addington Place), Addington Village, England
Record Id: 41
Site is open to the public. Opening may be limited, please check Visitor Information for any restrictions.
Brief description of site
Addington Palace has the remains of an 18th-century landscape park and woodland. The grounds covered 200 hectares at their most extensive, but are now in divided use and ownership.
Brief history of site
The building was completed in 1780 by Robert Mylne for Barlow Trecothick, Alderman of the City of London. It was later sold to the Church for use by the Archbishops of Canterbury.
Address: Addington Palace, Gravel Hill, Croydon, CR0 5BB
Locality: Addington Village
Greater London; Croydon
Historical County: Surrey
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||187||Grid Ref:||TQ366639|
Opening contact details:
There are occasional open days throughout the year. Seehttp://www.addington-palace.co.uk/events/addington-palace-open-days.html for details.
Form of site: landscape park
Purpose of site: Ornamental
Context or principal building: hotel
Site first created: 1770 to 1780
Main period of development: 18th century
Site Size (Hectares): 120