Abbey Cemetery, Bath, England
Record Id: 4
Site is open to the public. Opening may be limited, please check Visitor Information for any restrictions.
Brief description of site
The cemetery is situated on a steeply sloping, three-hectare site overlooking the town. It was designed by JC Loudon, and consecrated on 30th January 1844.
Brief history of site
The cemetery was opened in 1844. It was a private Anglican cemetery financed by W. J. Broderick, Rector of Bath Abbey. The landscape was laid out in 1843 by John Claudius Loudon. The chapel was designed by G. P. Manners of Bath.
Address: Ralph Allen Drive, Bath, BA2 5BB
Bath and North East Somerset; Widcombe
Historical County: Gloucestershire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||172||Grid Ref:||ST759636|
Off the A3062 south of Bath city centre.
Opening contact details:
This is a municipal cemetery for general public use.
Form of site: cemetery
Purpose of site: cemetery
Context or principal building: cemetery
Site first created: 1843 to 1844
Main period of development: Mid 19th century
Site Size (Hectares): 3