Wrexham Cemetery, Wrexham, Wales
Record Id: 3598
Site is open to the public. Opening may be limited, please check Visitor Information for any restrictions.
Brief description of site
Wrexham Cemetery is a late-19th-century garden cemetery with surviving layout and planting. The planting consists of ornamental trees and shrubs, both deciduous and coniferous.
Brief history of site
The layout was designed by Yeaman Strachan (of Strachan and Evans, Nurseymen and Seedsmen of Wrexham). The twin Gothic chapels were by William Turner of Wrexham. The site was extended eastward in the 1890s.
Address: Wrexham Cemetery, Ruabon Road, Wrexham, LL13 7NT
Historical County: Denbighshire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||117||Grid Ref:||SJ 327496|
Opening contact details:
The site is open from 9am during the week and from 10am at weekends and bank holidays.
Form of site: cemetery
Purpose of site: cemetery
Context or principal building: cemetery
Site first created: 1874 to 1876
Main period of development: Late 19th century
Site Size (Hectares): 7.2