Wraxall Court, Bristol, England
Record Id: 3596
Wraxall Court was the original manor house. After the Norman conquest the Manor belonged to the De Wrokeshale family until it passed to the Moreville and then Gorges family by marriage. The parish of Wraxall was part of the Portbury Hundred. In Victorian times the Ford family lived at Wraxall Court, which was taken over by the Admiralty during the Second World War, and became a Hall of Residence for Bristol University afterwards.
Court of manor house. Dated 1658, SG (Simon Gorges) on porch; remodelled early - mid C18 and extended early - mid C19. Listed Grade II.