Woburn Farm, Chertsey, England
Record Id: 3552
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
Woburn Farm is an Arcadian landscaped ferme ornee of some 60 hectares, of which some 37 hectares are occupied by the College and its grounds.
Brief history of site
The site was laid out from 1735 by Philip Southcote with advice from Lord Petre and the Burlington Circle. In about 1748 he commissioned William Kent to design a new house to replace the existing gentleman's residence at Woburn. Woburn was much admired by contemporaries, who referred to it as Southcote's Paradise.
Address: Addlestone, Runnymede, KT15 2QF
Surrey; Runnymede; Addlestone North
Historical County: Surrey
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||186||Grid Ref:||TQ053658|
Form of site: designed rural space
Purpose of site: Ornamental
Context or principal building: model farm
Site first created: 1735
Main period of development: Mid 18th century
Site Size (Hectares): 60