Warmley House, Siston, Bristol, England
Record Id: 3427
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
Warmley House (1750s) has grounds of around four hectares surrounding a mansion developed in the mid-18th century. The partly surviving gardens make use of existing features from earlier industrial works. Warmley House is now a home for elderly people.
This record was checked with South Gloucestershire Historic Monument Records Officer - June 2010.
Brief history of site
Warmley House was built in about 1750 for William Champion, a Quaker industrialist who had moved his brassworks to Warmley. The gardens around the House were laid out from 1746 to 1769. Many features had a dual purpose, being both ornamental and of use in the industrial processes.
Address: Tower Street North, Kingswood, BS30 8XW
South Gloucestershire; Hanham Abbots
Historical County: Gloucestershire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||172||Grid Ref:||ST668728|
Form of site: garden
Purpose of site: ornamental garden
Context or principal building: mansion house
Site first created: 1746 to 1769
Main period of development: Mid 18th century
Site Size (Hectares): 4