Bedworth Cemetery, Bedworth, England
Record Id: 341
Site is open to the public. Opening may be limited, please check Visitor Information for any restrictions.
Brief description of site
Bedworth Cemetery is a municipal cemetery designed by George Taylor of Coventry, architect and surveyor. The roughly three-hectare site is approximately triangular-shaped, and is bounded to the south-east by Coventry Road. The site is generally level with views north-east to the tower of the parish church, and south-east to Coventry Road. Features include a number of entrances, several groups of specimen trees, a promenade and a war memorial.
Brief history of site
The land for the cemetery was purchased in January 1873, and plans were drawn by George Taylor from September of that year. The plans produced were accepted, with the amendment that the Nonconformist chapel should be built in brick rather than iron as first proposed. The cemetery was consecrated on 5 November 1874.
Address: Bedworth Cemetery, 120 Marston Lane, Bedworth, Warwickshire, CV12 9AD
Warwickshire; Nuneaton and Bedworth
Historical County: Warwickshire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||140||Grid Ref:||SP358868|
South of Nuneaton, east of the A444
Opening contact details:
This is a municipal site for general public use. It is open daily from 9 am.
Form of site: cemetery
Purpose of site: cemetery
Context or principal building: cemetery
Site first created: 1874
Main period of development: Late 19th century
Site Size (Hectares): 3