Bedgebury Park, Goudhurst , England
Record Id: 339
Site is open to the public. Opening may be limited, please check Visitor Information for any restrictions.
This site has the following component area(s):
Brief description of site
Bedgebury Park comprises 129 hectares of parkland, and incorporates Bedgebury National Pinetum. The remains of the original 15th century house are now beneath one of the lakes on the site.
Brief history of site
The original 15th century house was owned by the Culpeppers but its site is now beneath the lake. A later house was built further up the hill and elaborated into a French chateau style in the 1830s. In 1910, Bedgebury Pinetum took some of the land to the south-east.
Address: Park Lane, TN17 2SL
Kent; Tunbridge Wells; Goudhurst
Historical County: Kent
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||188||Grid Ref:||TQ724345|
The site is in the Tunbridge Wells Borough, 3 miles south of Goudhurst. It can be reached from junction 5 of the M25.
Opening contact details:
The site is open throughout the year. Please see:
Form of site: park
Purpose of site: Recreational/sport
Context or principal building: house
Site first created: 1400 to 1499
Main period of development: 15th century
Site Size (Hectares): 129