Treberfydd, Brecon, Wales
Record Id: 3294
Site is open to the public. Opening may be limited, please check Visitor Information for any restrictions.
Brief description of site
The grounds at Treberfydd were designed by William A. Nesfield in the mid-19th century, when the 18th-century house was rebuilt. Nesfield's original plan survives and the layout of the garden is largely unchanged. Some of his planting also survives. There is a kitchen garden and a small park. The house and gardens are open for guided tours for a few weeks only in the summer.
Brief history of site
Roebert Raikes bought Treberfydd in 1848 in order to set up a centre for Tractarian worship. The house is still in the Raikes family today. A small part of the house is let out on a self-catering basis.
Address: Pennorth, LD3 7PX
Powys; Llangors; Llangors
Historical County: Brecknockshire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||161||Grid Ref:||SO 129256|
Opening contact details:
The house and gardens are open during August only. Please see:
Form of site: country estate
Purpose of site: Ornamental
Context or principal building: detached house
Main period of development: Mid 19th century