Tixall Park, Stafford, England
Record Id: 3267
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
The site has been inhabited since at least the 16th century. The most recent house, dating to 1771, has been demolished. The surrounding landscape was laid out by Lancelot Brown before 1774. It has since been ploughed out.
Brief history of site
The house was the 16th-century home of the Astons. It was demolished in the 18th century and rebuilt by Richard Trubshaw in 1721. This house was later demolished, leaving a semi-circular stable block, which was later converted to housing.
Address: Tixall, Staffordshire, ST18 0XT
Staffordshire; Stafford; Tixall
Historical County: Staffordshire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||127||Grid Ref:||SJ977227|
Form of site: landscape park
Purpose of site: Food/drink production
Main period of development: Late 18th century
Survival: Part: ground/below ground level remains