Memorial Park, Talbot, Port Talbot, Wales
Record Id: 3212
Site is open to the public. Opening may be limited, please check Visitor Information for any restrictions.
Brief description of site
Talbot Memorial Park is a small, well-preserved urban public park of 1925 with a fine central bandstand and war memorial. The commemorative character of the park is emphasised by the main gate, which is dedicated to Rupert Price Hallows, VC (1881-1915).
Brief history of site
The land was given by the Margam Estate in 1925, and the park was opened on 26th June, 1926.
Address: Talbot Road, Port Talbot, SA13 1SW
Locality: Port Talbot
Neath Port Talbot; Port Talbot; Port Talbot
Historical County: Glamorgan
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||170||Grid Ref:||SS773892|
The park is located immediately west of the M4 at junction 40.
Opening contact details:
This is a municipal park for general public use.
Form of site: public park
Purpose of site: urban park
Context or principal building: parks, gardens and urban spaces
Site first created: 1925 to 1926
Main period of development: Early 20th century