Stanley Park, Blackpool, Lancashire, England
Record Id: 3053
Site is open to the public. Opening may be limited, please check Visitor Information for any restrictions.
Brief description of site
Stanley Park was opened on the 2nd October 1926, and occupies a total of 104 hectares, including an 18-hole golf course. Features include an Italian garden, a rose garden, a sensory garden, a woodland walk, and a variety of water features. There is a lake terrace and promenade, and a clock tower.
Brief history of site
Land for a public park was secured in 1920 as part of a drive to control and plan the expansion of Blackpool. Thomas Mawson & Sons were commissioned to design the park.
Address: Stanley Park, West Park Drive, Blackpool, Lancashire, FY3 9HQ
Historical County: Lancashire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||102||Grid Ref:||SD325358|
Within the town, inland from the sea front attractions.
Opening contact details:
This is a municipal park, open daily from dawn till dusk.
Parking, refreshments, WCs, disabled access. Garden centre, children's play area, model village, sports facilities, golf course, boating and fishing.
Form of site: public park
Purpose of site: urban park
Context or principal building: parks, gardens and urban spaces
Site first created: 1920 to 1926
Main period of development: Early 20th century
Site Size (Hectares): 104