Slaugham Place, Haywards Heath, England
Record Id: 2996
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
Slaugham Place has the remains of 16th and 17th-century formal gardens around the ruins of the Elizabethan Manor house.
Brief history of site
Sir Walter Covert built the present house and garden enclosure after 1579, the house standing on the site of, and perhaps incorporating parts of a former dwelling.
Address: Slaugham, Handcross, RH17 6AJ
Locality: Haywards Heath
West Sussex; Mid Sussex; Slaugham
Historical County: Sussex
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||198||Grid Ref:||TQ260278|
The remains of Slaugham Place and gardens can be booked as a wedding venue. Seehttp://www.wedding-venues.co.uk/slaughamplace
Form of site: garden
Purpose of site: ornamental garden
Context or principal building: house
Site Style : formal
Site first created: 1579 to 1599
Main period of development: 16th century
Survival: Part: standing remains
Site Size (Hectares): 1.5