Shockerwick House, Bath, England
Record Id: 2969
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
Shockerwick House has an 18th-century park, attributed to Wood the Elder for William Wiltshire.
Brief history of site
Shockerwick was originally the site of a Court. In 1740 the estate and ruined manor house were bought by the Wiltshire family. In about 1750 Walter Wiltshire commissioned Wood the Elder to build a house and lay out the grounds. Around 1900 extensive alterations to the house were carried out by Earnest George. In 1983 the house was opened as a private nursing home.
Address: Shockerwick Lane, Bathford, BA1 7LH
Bath and North East Somerset; Bathford
Historical County: Gloucestershire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||172||Grid Ref:||ST805686|
Form of site: country estate
Purpose of site: Ornamental
Context or principal building: nursing home
Site first created: 1750
Main period of development: Mid 18th century
Site Size (Hectares): 7.7