Scrivelsby Court, Lincoln, England
Record Id: 2927
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
Scrivelsby Court has an 18th-century landscape park, possibly designed by Humphry Repton. The 'Lion Lodge' in the west of the park is also attributed to Repton.
Brief history of site
The original building, which dated from the 16th century, was demolished in 1956, although the gatehouse was restored in 1960. In June 1790 Lewis Dymoke called in Humphry Repton who produced a Red Book. Not all the proposals were carried out and Lewis Dymoke added his suggestions to the Repton plan.
Address: Scrivelsby, Horncastle, LN9 6JA
Lincolnshire; East Lindsey; Scrivelsby
Historical County: Lincolnshire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||122||Grid Ref:||TF270660|
Form of site: landscape park
Purpose of site: Ornamental
Context or principal building: house
Site first created: 1767 to 1799
Main period of development: Late 18th century
Survival: Part: ground/below ground level remains
Site Size (Hectares): 130