Scarisbrick Hall, Southport, England
Record Id: 2917
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
Scarisbrick Hall is set within a 19th-century landscape park, woodland and gardens occupying about 180 hectares.
Brief history of site
The site of Scarisbrick Hall was first occupied in the 12th century. In 1802-3 Thomas Eccleston commissioned the Reptons to produce plans for a new house and park. The plans were not carried out, and instead John Slater, a Liverpool builder, was employed from 1813-16 in connection with Thomas Rickman, Professor of Architecture to the Liverpool Academy of Arts. The present house was designed by Augustus Pugin in the Victorian Gothic style and completed in 1867.
Address: Scarisbrick Hall, Southport Road, Scarisbrick, nr Ormskirk, Lancaster, L40 9RQ
Lancashire; West Lancashire; Scarisbrick
Historical County: Lancashire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||108||Grid Ref:||SD392126|
North-west of Ormskirk on the B5242.
Form of site: landscape park
Purpose of site: Ornamental
Context or principal building: school
Site Style : English landscape garden
Site first created: 1802 to 1867
Main period of development: 19th century
Survival: Part: standing remains
Site Size (Hectares): 180