Royal Fort House, Bristol, England
Record Id: 2867
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
This is an informal garden on the site of Windmill Fort (demolished 1655) by Humphry Repton.
The building and gardens are accessible as a conference and reception facility, but not open to the general public in the standard sense.
Brief history of site
The park and gardens were created in 1799 for Colonel Thomas Tyndall. Tyndall's Park is now built over, and the garden is partly built over by university.
Address: Tyndall Avenue, Redland, BS8 1TH
Bristol, City of
Historical County: Gloucestershire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||172||Grid Ref:||ST583733|
Form of site: garden
Purpose of site: ornamental garden
Context or principal building: university
Site Style : informal
Site first created: 1799
Main period of development: Late 18th century
Site Size (Hectares): 0.1