Roath Park, Cardiff, Wales
Record Id: 2819
Site is open to the public. Opening may be limited, please check Visitor Information for any restrictions.
Brief description of site
Roath Park is an extensive late-19th-century public park, laid out by William Harpur and planted by William Pettigrew. It remains intact, with much of its original framework. However, the layout and planting have been simplified and built structures replaced.
Brief history of site
Roath Park was the first publicly-owned public park in Cardiff. It was constructed between 1887 and 1894.
Address: Lake Road West, CF23 5NP
Historical County: Glamorgan
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||171||Grid Ref:||ST185795|
Opening contact details:
This is a municipal park for general public use.
Form of site: public park
Purpose of site: urban park
Context or principal building: parks, gardens and urban spaces
Site first created: 1887 to 1894
Main period of development: Late 19th century