Pitchford Hall, Shrewsbury, England
Record Id: 2632
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
Pitchford Hall has the remnants of a landscape park and woodland. These enclose the gardens of 1.5 hectares. Other features include Roman and Victorian baths, and a tree-house which probably dates back to the 17th century. The site is in split private ownership after a failed attempt to save the hall.
Brief history of site
Pitchford Hall was built between 1560 and 1570 for Adam Ottley. A large park was present by 1596. In 1807, the site passed to Charles Jenkinson, later Earl of Liverpool, under whom the present park was created.
Address: Pitchford Hall, Pitchford, near Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY5 7DN
Historical County: Shropshire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||126||Grid Ref:||SJ527042|
Form of site: landscape park
Purpose of site: Ornamental
Context or principal building: manor house
Site first created: 1560 to 1596
Main period of development: 17th century
Survival: Part: standing remains
Site Size (Hectares): 40