Petwood, Woodhall Spa, England
Record Id: 2615
Site is open to the public. Opening may be limited, please check Visitor Information for any restrictions.
Brief history of site
The house and gardens were constructed at the beginning of the 20th century for Lady Weigall under the advice of William Goldring. During the Second World War the house was used as an officers' mess by the RAF and was home to 617 squadron, the 'Dam Busters'.
Lincolnshire; East Lindsey; Woodhall Spa
Historical County: Lincolnshire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||122||Grid Ref:||TF190630|
Opening contact details:
Form of site: garden
Purpose of site: Ornamental
Site first created: 1900 to 1925
Main period of development: Early 20th century