Pearson Park, Hull, England
Record Id: 2580
Site is open to the public. Opening may be limited, please check Visitor Information for any restrictions.
Brief description of site
Pearson Park is a public park with ornamental gardens, bowling greens, water features and statuary. The site covers some 11 hectares (8 hectares registered). Features include marble statues of Queen Victoria and Price Albert, a monolith commemorating Zachariah Charles Pearson, a small lake and an ornamental gateway.
Brief history of site
Pearson Park was the first public or people's park to be opened in Kingston upon Hull. Zachariah Charles Pearson provided the land in 1860 and James Craig Niven designed the park. It was opened in August 1861.
Address: Beverley Road, Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire, HU5 2TG
Kingston upon Hull, City of; Avenue
Historical County: East Riding of Yorkshire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||107||Grid Ref:||TA 086 304|
Opening contact details:
The site is open daily, from sunrise to sunset.
Snack kiosk and toilets, parking on perimeter road.
Form of site: public park
Purpose of site: urban park
Context or principal building: parks, gardens and urban spaces
Site first created: 1860 to 1861
Main period of development: Mid 19th century
Site Size (Hectares): 11