Page Park, Staple Hill, Bristol, England
Record Id: 2544
Site is open to the public. Opening may be limited, please check Visitor Information for any restrictions.
This site has the following component area(s):
Brief description of site
Page Park is an early-20th-century public park laid out to a formal design and bordered by evenly spaced trees. There is a clock tower shelter at the centre of the park, flowerbeds, a bowling green and a tennis court. This record was checked with South Gloucestershire Historic Monument Records Officer - June 2010.
Brief history of site
The park was formerly part of the Hill House estate. It was given to the public in 1909 by A.W. Page and laid out over the next few years.
Address: Park Road, Staple Hill, Bristol, BS16 5LD
South Gloucestershire; Mangotsfield
Historical County: Gloucestershire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||172||Grid Ref:||ST656760|
Opening contact details:
This is a municipal park for general public use.
Form of site: public park
Purpose of site: urban park
Context or principal building: parks, gardens and urban spaces
Site Style : formal
Site first created: 1909
Main period of development: Early 20th century
Site Size (Hectares): 7.25