Oldbury Court, Bristol, England
Record Id: 2486
Site is open to the public. Opening may be limited, please check Visitor Information for any restrictions.
Brief description of site
Oldbury Court comprises pleasure grounds and a park of 35 hectares surrounding a country house (now demolished).
Brief history of site
Before 1800 there was a small country house with formal gardens set in farmland and enclosed by walls. An extensive designed landscape was described by Shiercliff in 1789. Thomas Graeme purchased the site in 1800. He called in Humphry Repton to advise on the laying out of the grounds, though no red book was produced.
Address: Oldbury Court Road, Fishponds, Bristol, BS16 2JW
Bristol, City of
Historical County: Gloucestershire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||172||Grid Ref:||ST635767|
Opening contact details:
Oldbury Court is open throughout the year.
Form of site: public park
Purpose of site: urban park
Context or principal building: parks, gardens and urban spaces
Site first created: 1799 to 1820
Main period of development: Late 18th century
Site Size (Hectares): 35