Oakly Park, (also known as Oakley Park), Bromfield, Shropshire, England
Record Id: 2471
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
Oakly Park has a very large landscape park, and a garden in the vicinity of the house.
Brief history of site
The buildings of the Benedictine priory were converted to a private house by Charles Foxe after 1541. Oakly was first imparked in the 15th or 16th century, and the landscape park and gardens were developed in the 18th and 19th centuries, primarily by William Emes.
Address: Oakly Park, Bromfield, near Ludlow, Shropshire, SY8 2JP
Locality: Bromfield, Shropshire
Historical County: Shropshire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||137||Grid Ref:||SO487764|
Form of site: landscape park
Purpose of site: Ornamental
Context or principal building: manor house
Site first created: 1541 to 1799
Main period of development: 18th century
Survival: Part: standing remains
Site Size (Hectares): 160