Newburgh Priory, Thirsk, England
Record Id: 2398
Site is open to the public. Opening may be limited, please check Visitor Information for any restrictions.
Brief description of site
Newburgh Priory has an associated landscape park and woodland. Other features include a walled garden, water garden and yew topiary.
Brief history of site
The site was originally an Augustinian Priory dating from 1145. It was dissolved in 1538. Newburgh Priory was converted into a private residence in 1546.
Address: Newburgh Priory, Coxwold, York, North Yorkshire, YO61 4AS
North Yorkshire; Hambleton; Newburgh
Historical County: North Riding of Yorkshire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||100||Grid Ref:||SE542764|
Opening contact details:
Form of site: landscape park
Purpose of site: Ornamental
Context or principal building: house
Site first created: 1546
Main period of development: Mid 18th century
Site Size (Hectares): 450