Nailsea Court, Nailsea, England
Record Id: 2370
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
The house, originally a Jacobean manor house, was purchased by Charles Edward Evans in 1906 and restored. During the same period a balustraded terrace garden was established. The house has since been divided.
Brief history of site
By the end of the 18th century the Jacobean manor house had become a farm house. Charles Edward Evans, a shipping owner with family connections, purchased it in 1906. The restoration took seven years under the supervision of Arthur James Stratton, when it acquired a balustraded terrace garden. Other walled areas also surrounded the house. In the 1990s the house was again restored by a development company and turned into five properties.
Address: Nailsea, North Somerset, BS48 4DL
North Somerset; Nailsea
Historical County: Somerset
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||182||Grid Ref:||ST457682|
Form of site: terraced garden
Purpose of site: ornamental garden
Context or principal building: flats
Site first created: After 1400
Main period of development: Early 20th century
Site Size (Hectares): 4.05