Moreton Hall, Leamington Spa, England
Record Id: 2331
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
Moreton Hall is a stone house and associated formal gardens constructed in 1906. Features include a large terrace enclosed by a stone balustrade, gravel paths and grass lawns, and a central fountain with figures of Diana and her nymphs. Many other original features are now derelict. Since 1948 the Hall has been an agricultural college. The house is approached along an avenue of Wellingtonia.
Address: Moreton Hall, Moreton Morrell, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, CV35 9BL
Locality: Leamington Spa
Historical County: Warwickshire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||151||Grid Ref:||SP307 554|
East of Wellesbourne, south of the M40 junction 13.
Form of site: landscape park
Purpose of site: Ornamental
Context or principal building: college
Site first created: 1906
Main period of development: Early 20th century