Moccas Court, Moccas, Herefordshire, England
Record Id: 2308
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
Moccas Court is the site of a landscape park on the south bank of the River Wye, re-modelled in the late-18th century around a house of 1775. The park extends to join a large ancient deer park.
Brief history of site
The deer park may be medieval, but only became attached to Moccas in the 16th century. The part nearest the River Wye was remodelled in the late-18th century by Lancelot Brown and then Humphry Repton.
Address: Moccas Court, Moccas, Herefordshire, HR2 9LH
Locality: Moccas, Herefordshire
Herefordshire, County of; Moccas
Historical County: Herefordshire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||148||Grid Ref:||SO358435|
Ten miles west of Hereford via the A438, then crossing the River Wye at Bredwardine and then east on the B4352.
Form of site: landscape park
Purpose of site: Ornamental
Context or principal building: hotel
Site first created: After 1771
Main period of development: 18th century
Site Size (Hectares): 312