Langley Park, Slough, South Bucks, England
Record Id: 2011
Site is open to the public. Opening may be limited, please check Visitor Information for any restrictions.
Brief description of site
Langley Park is an 18th-century landscape park with woodland, with additional 19th- and 20th-century plantations. At its most extensive the park covered 193 hectares. It is now in divided use, with about 52 hectares designated as a country park and open to the public.
Brief history of site
Mention is made of a deer park on the site in 1202. A house, red-brick stables and outbuildings were built in the early-17th century. The present house was finished in 1760. Lancelot Brown made alterations to the park after 1758.
Address: Langley Park Country Park, Iver Heath, Buckinghamshire, SL3 6DW
Locality: South Bucks
Buckinghamshire; South Bucks; Wexham
Historical County: Buckinghamshire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||165||Grid Ref:||TQ010817|
The site is off the A412 to Slough.
Opening contact details:
The site is open daily, from 8.15am to around dusk. Please telephone 01 753 511060
Form of site: landscape park
Purpose of site: country park
Context or principal building: public park
Site first created: 1202 to 1760
Main period of development: 18th century
Site Size (Hectares): 193