Langley Park, Chedgrave, (also known as Langley Park School), Norwich, England
Record Id: 2010
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
Langley Park is an 18th-century park and woodland created by 'Capability' Brown, with central grounds around the house.
Brief history of site
Langley Hall was built in the 1730s, probably on a virgin site. The Hall was laid out with 3.75 hectares of gardens, a 25 hectare park, and axial avenues radiating north and south. Lancelot Brown advised on the landscape from 1765. The gardens to the north of the Hall were given an elaborate formal character during the mid-19th century. Since 1946 the grounds have been in divided use and the house is now a school. The gardens have been simplified.
Address: Chedgrave, Norfolk, NR14 6BJ
Norfolk; South Norfolk; Langley with
Historical County: Norfolk
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||134||Grid Ref:||TG351007|
Form of site: landscape park
Purpose of site: Recreational/sport
Context or principal building: house
Site first created: 1700 to 1799
Main period of development: Mid 18th century
Survival: Part: standing remains
Site Size (Hectares): 250