Aynhoe Park, (also known as Aynho Park), Banbury, England
Record Id: 191
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
Aynhoe Park has formal gardens dating from the early-18th century, and a landscape park laid out by 'Capability' Brown.
Brief history of site
The house known as Aynhoe Park was rebuilt in the late-17th century after damage during the English Civil War. The early formal gardens were laid out by Guilliam between 1701 and 1714. The majority of the early gardens were removed when the park was landscaped from 1760 to 1763 by Lancelot Brown.
Address: Aynhoe Park, Aynho, Banbury, OX17 3BQ
Northamptonshire; South Northamptonshire; Aynho
Historical County: Northamptonshire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||152||Grid Ref:||SP518324|
Six miles south-east of Banbury on the A41.
Form of site: landscape park
Purpose of site: Ornamental
Context or principal building: retirement home
Site first created: 1701 to 1714
Main period of development: Early 18th century
Site Size (Hectares): 200