Jephson Gardens, (also known as Newbold Gardens), Royal Leamington Spa, England
Record Id: 1867
Site is open to the public. Opening may be limited, please check Visitor Information for any restrictions.
Part/component area of: Spa Gardens
Brief description of site
Jephson Gardens are public gardens, originally established in 1836 as Newbold Gardens. The gardens were laid out between 1846 and 1848 and renamed after Dr Henry Jephson. The site occupies about 6 hectares, and includes lawns, beds, mature trees, a sensory garden and a late-20th century glasshouse with exotic plants.
Address: Jephson Gardens, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, CV32 5BB
Locality: Royal Leamington Spa
Warwickshire; Warwick; Royal Leamington
Historical County: Warwickshire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||151||Grid Ref:||SP322657|
In the centre of Leamington Spa at the south end of The Parade, opposite the Royal Pump Rooms.
Opening contact details:
The site is open daily from 8 am until dusk.
Refreshments. WCs. Disabled access. Dogs on leads only.
Form of site: public park
Purpose of site: urban park
Context or principal building: parks, gardens and urban spaces
Site first created: 1836 to 1848
Main period of development: Mid 19th century
Site Size (Hectares): 6