Intwood Hall, Norwich, England
Record Id: 1848
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
Intwood Hall has a 16th-century park, woodland and garden of 22 hectares. The gardens contain the original brick enclosures, one of which features crenelations and a central gateway, a ha-ha, walled kitchen garden, terracing and a 19th-century summer house.
Brief history of site
The medieval manor house of Intwood was rebuilt by its new owner Sir Richard Gresham, some time before 1545. This house was then rebuilt by his son, also Richard Gresham, around 1560. Part of the 16th-century fabric was incorporated into a building on a different site in 1807. A small park was laid out in the mid-19th century and the house was extended, refaced in brick and given Jacobean features in the late-19th century.
Address: Intwood, Cringleford, Norwich, NR4 6TG
Norfolk; South Norfolk; Cringleford
Historical County: Norfolk
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||134||Grid Ref:||TG194042|
Form of site: park
Purpose of site: Ornamental
Context or principal building: house
Site first created: After 1500
Main period of development: Mid 19th century
Site Size (Hectares): 22