Ingestre Hall, (also known as Sandwells Residential Arts Centre), Staffordshire, England
Record Id: 1839
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
The Elizabethan house was built by the Chetwynd family, and inherited in the mid-18th century by the Earls Talbot. The Victorian terrace is still good though simplified. There is an ornamental walk from the house to the orangery. The site is now the Sandwells Residential Arts Centre, and is also used for weddings, conferences and functions.
Brief history of site
The house was built in 1613, and substantially re-built after a fire in 1882.
Address: Ingestre, ST18 0RF
Staffordshire; Stafford; Ingestre
Historical County: Staffordshire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||127||Grid Ref:||SJ976247|
Form of site: landscape park
Purpose of site: Ornamental
Context or principal building: commercial
Site first created: 1613 to 1885
Main period of development: Early 17th century
Survival: Part: standing remains