Ashwicke Hall, (also known as International School Of Choueifat), Chippenham, England
Record Id: 169
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
Ashwicke Hall is a 19th- and 20th-century garden on earlier parkland, laid out by E. Milner of Sydenham. Features include a walled kitchen garden, terrace garden with temple, lake, irregular canal, cascade and bridge.
(Details checked by Avon Gardens Trust March 2010)
Brief history of site
A house was built on the site in the late-18th century. This building was replaced in 1857-60. The house and grounds became neglected between 1878 and 1896, after which time the pleasure grounds were altered and extended. Since 1946 the site has been used as different types of school.
Address: Marshfield, Chippenham, SN14 8AG
South Gloucestershire; Marshfield
Historical County: Gloucestershire
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||172||Grid Ref:||ST792717|
Form of site: garden
Purpose of site: ornamental garden
Context or principal building: domestic / residential
Main period of development: Early 20th century
Site Size (Hectares): 275