Hatch Park, Ashford, England
Record Id: 1644
This site is NOT open to public.
Brief description of site
Hatch Park is a landscape park of considerable antiquity, complementing Godinton Park to the north-west of Ashford. It is a well-wooded and unspoilt estate managed for agricultural and sporting purposes.
Brief history of site
Richard Knatchbull purchased the manor and deer park in 1485. A new house was designed by Robert Adam in the 1760s. Some alterations were made to the house in 1827 and again before 1917. The parkland is subject to a Deed of Covenant between the current owner and the National Trust.
Address: Mersham-le-Hatch, Ashford, Kent, TN25 5NF
Kent; Ashford; Brabourne
Historical County: Kent
|OS Landranger Map Sheet Number:||189||Grid Ref:||TR062407|
The site is three miles east of Ashford just north of the A20. It is one mile north-east of Mersham.
Form of site: landscape park
Purpose of site: deer park
Site Style : informal
Site first created: Before 1485
Main period of development: Mid 18th century
Site Size (Hectares): 165